More than meets the eye
It's not surprising that there is a wealth of historic buildings in Douglas, given the rich historical background in the area. Take a stroll down memory lane, and admire the buildings from Douglas's past, some of which are still around today, serving different purposes.
Castle Gardens House
Still standing next to the overgrown gardens, this house has now been renovated into a lovely home.
Now Spice of Life, on Main Street. The shop is decorated to celebrate the coronation of King George VI in 1937.
British Legion Hall
Now flats, on Main Street.
Once the largest street at Douglas West, now demolished.
Once a parish chuch standing close to Crabtree Park.
Once were on Ayr Road, besides the old bank
Lady Home Hospital
Still an operating hospital.
Old St Brides
Still standing, the old church hosts the mausoleum of the Black Douglases. The clock tower also hosts the oldest working clock in Scotland, thought to be gifted by Mary Queen of Scots.
Douglas Primary School
Now demolished, new school built on the site.